Saturday 10 March 2018

First half

Last night i arrived at Nama Bike Camp. I was very cautious of where i was. It was a place i was not sure of. No one there. Dogs barking and a closed gate. I screamed, shouted even rang my bell. You should hear it 😂. I went round back to find the foreman. I asked if i could stay. Hold the phone he says. I do. It is ringing the owner on the other end. I explain myself and he says go inside and make yourself at home. He will be back. 🤤😲. I do as he says. Put up the tent have a coke and a packet of grapes. 8pm sounds and i am bushed so i go to bed.
I get up at 6.30am and go outside. The owner is there staring at a motor bike that arrived on a bakkie while i was asleep. We greet. He informs me he was in Cape Town picking up this animal of a bike he just bought. He then goes on to apologize profusely that he wasn't home. 🤤. Aweh. I nearly fell over. We chat and his wife arrives with a breakfast fit for a king. Carry on i say. Enjoy. He looks at me and says that it is for me. Well hats off to you sir. As i am eating his friend arrives on his own bike. Another machine that could start the earth moving if it stopped. These guys are just incredible.
I go to pay for my consumptions and accommodation. He looks at me again and says sorry he wasn't there to greet me when i arrived and there is nothing to pay. I insist and he pulls out his other new acquisition a 9mm pistol.
I thank him and his wife for their hospitality and leave. I am absolutely astounded at how generous some people are. And how lucky i have been to be able to do this trip. Every day someone shows me kindness i can only ever hope to have one day. This life is worth living and i would not live anyone elses but mine. I am in debt to many for being graced to have lived such a truly spectacular life which i hope will not end too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment