Sunday 11 March 2018

Mixed Emotions

Worst nights sleep yet. Terrible campsite and i am afraid even worse town. There was a dog barking consistently from sun down to sun up. I decided to get over it quickly and enjoy my day.
It didn't go accordingly. Today was a day i question the reason of being. I was on top of the earth yesterday. What the hell happened.
It is not great reading today folks. The ride in itself was breathtaking. From the minute i set off to the moment i got to this town was simply another day i would ride over and over again. As you know i am doing this trip to understand life and all its complexities to my full extent. I need to learn and understand.
I need to just explain to you that if you are looking for a place to balance and feel grounded look no further than the road from Nieuwoudtville to Louriesfontein. It is tranquil earth with little negative energy. Your eyes will be lost and your mind will wonder. You will forgive and forget and most importantly you will be absolutely at peace.
Only a handful of cars passed me today. I found my mind in a state of relaxation. Not a single care to be had.
The not so good. I must have seen a dozen or two skeletal remains next to the road. The amount of trash i passed could have easily filled a duo of trucks. The quantity of glass is simply staggering. Empty beer bottles by far the biggest contributor. You are getting my point.
I arrive at my destination to find out i have phenomenally messed up. The town is simply closed. There is also no camping. So after 45 minutes i find myself staying in a small place at a cost i was not expecting. It is not expensive make no mistake but this trip was about me amd my journey it did not involve walls and buildings.
So i leave you tonight a little disheartened and frustrated at my current situation.
I will endeavor to get back to form tomorrow.
Thanks for reading.
🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment