Sunday 17 January 2021

What Happened To Yesterday ?

No post Saturday πŸ“ͺ. Apparently the staff were on strike πŸ“΅. So Yesterday's ride was good. I was 80kms from where I needed to be. The bush sleep was good and I was in a fantastic mood. ✅ So as with the day before the tailwind was on point. I was barely working and STILL managing an average speed of around 30kms/⏲. Honestly I don't know who was watching but thank you. I made it to my stop and got a drink before checking in.
Now I must stop here for a second to say something. I am on a cycling platform called "The Hub". There is a member who lives in Upington. I ask him for a safe place to stay over night there. WELL. What happens next is just beyond me. The gentleman Gerhard Els has arranged a place for me in Kenhardt. πŸ₯©πŸ₯©πŸ₯¦, πŸ› and πŸ₯“πŸ³πŸ₯“πŸ³. The lady who I stayed with, Linda has apparently donated this to my trip πŸ˜³πŸ˜²πŸ™. So between them I am extremely grateful. 
Now there is more to this. I am also booked in at Ikaia for the night too. I have never met Gerhard but he has done this for me. I honestly am speechless. I owe this man a debt of gratitude. He has also suggested routes along the way. Sir when you read this, please know you have changed my outlook on humanity. Thank you. 
So as for yesterday I booked in and felt very happy. Linda is a marvelous woman. Great character and a super soul. If ever any of you ever go to Kenhardt please go and visit her. Even just to meet her. You will not regret it.
Dinner was πŸ₯©πŸ₯©πŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸ of course. We are in the Karoo. You can basically 🎣 for πŸ‘ outside your bedroom window. 🐐 not so much. They are probably not as tasty πŸ¦§πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♂️. Never had 🐐. Keen to try though. 
One thing about the northern cape. The 🦟🦟🦟 here actually love peaceful sleep. It's like heroin πŸ’‰ for them. I currently have a black eye from hitting myself in the face trying to kill one πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£. 
So up this am. Another fantastic feast. πŸ₯“πŸ³πŸ³πŸž. It was grand. Todays ride... A copy of yesterday. Well sort of. About 80kms. Little climbing. Tremendous scenery. The rain over the last πŸ“† here has turned this place into a paradise. It took quite a 🌧🌧 or two to end the 7️⃣ year drought before this. I hear the dams are full and good times ahead. How this world can change so rapidly from one scenario to the next is just mind boggling. 
To add, there have been huge rains up North. Or wherever the 🍊🏞 starts. The river is at heights not seen for many years. Just watching it you can see the power of this beast. It feeds many industries and I am sure they are all pleased with its current status. 
I have been πŸ›’. Food for a few days. Grateful. Happy. Peaceful. Rested. 
A last quick thanks to those mentioned above. To all who send me messages of support too. Thank you. I hope you get some insight to my trip through these small posts. ✉πŸ“¨. If not send an email to.... whocares.com.comdot. 
Happy Sunday all. Be safe. Be happy. Beeeee happy now. I said don't worry now! Here's a little 🎢🎡 πŸ‘ πŸ“ going ✌ πŸ—£ it 🎡 πŸ”’ 🎼 .
That's all I got. 
Up to Hakskeen tomorrow. You may not πŸ‘‚ from me for a few days. Depends on πŸ“Ά.
πŸ’™➕☮
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment