Tuesday 19 January 2021

On My Way To The ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿณ

Today saw me leaving luxury ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ›‹๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿšฝ๐Ÿ–ฅ. Again thank you kindly Gerhard Els. It was great to put a face to our chats. ๐Ÿ™
After a full ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿž I was ready to start today's episode of WHAT THE FFFF WILL GREG DO❓❔ I had a plan. Not a long winded one but a plan nonetheless. It was simply to leave Upington and see how far I could get. Over the ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿž and on the tar. It is a busy road. About 30 or so minutes in, a Mitsubishi is stationary on the roadside. Gerhard. We chat, it is short but a meeting I am grateful for. On top of everything he hands me a water and some drywors (spelling). He informs me of a lady cyclist coming towards us.
A further 20 or so minutes down the road I meet said cyclist. Her name will drop now.... that's it Penny. She is touring ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. From Jhb. She had just come through the ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฆ border post. Said it was absolutely ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง there. We chat briefly and go our separate ways. This is the ๐Ÿฅ‡ other touring ๐Ÿšฒ I have ๐Ÿ‘€ on this trip. 
Into town. Not much happening. I get some coke, sorry... a coke and a ๐Ÿšฐ. I tell you, I look forward to the ๐Ÿ“… when you see a price on the shelf and the item rings up the same as that. Anyways... I pass the bike shop (lunch bar). I go in. Chat to the owner/staff. Lekka bunch. Get a few tips on today's trickery. BOOM.
Out of town. It's a long road. It's extremely long. Longer than a piece of ๐Ÿงถ incase you were wondering. To add to its longness it is also quite straight. When I say quite I mean I think the road maker found his destination on the map ๐Ÿ—บ๐Ÿงญ and just ๐Ÿ–‹๐Ÿ“ a straight line there. The he gave the ๐Ÿฆบ⛑๐Ÿ‘ท‍♂️๐Ÿ‘ท‍♀️ the ⛏๐Ÿ”จ๐Ÿช“ and said... "follow line. Build road" and low and behold that's exactly what they did. First time for everything. 
I move with precision and caution. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… I am all over the place. There are very few ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš™๐Ÿšš๐Ÿš›๐Ÿ๐Ÿš๐Ÿš”. The first ⏲ is quite fun. Then it can like to be getting ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿฅต When I say hot I mean, if you don't ride fast enough your tyres start to melt. You sweat faster than you can drink ๐Ÿšฐ which by the way is so hot you could easily make a cup of ☕๐Ÿต with it. You really do start to question if what you are doing is 1 safe, 2 a good idea or 3 a nice way to ⚰. In for a penny in for a ๐Ÿ’ท I think the saying goes? Wonder how Penny is doing ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜….
I keep going. Reach the first camping spot. Way too early. Like just after midday. Next spot. Still... too early. By now it is around 4ish and the ๐ŸŒก has luckily increased to triple digits. Yay ๐Ÿฅณ. I keep pushing. In order to keep my sanity I have tied a ๐Ÿงต around my handlebars and I have taken to playing solitaire ♣️♦️♥️♠️ on my phone. While the views are magnificent I am on my way to Hakskeen and I will take the return trip to digest the scenery. 
Eventually I come across a ๐Ÿ›ฃ. It is what I have been looking for. Goerapan Lodge ๐Ÿ‘Œ. Boom shakalakka. I eventually find the reception. The signage is ๐Ÿ’ฉ. In my spot for the night. 
I have ๐Ÿฅš๐Ÿฅš๐Ÿฅš for dinner. They were raw when I left but in this heat I am sure they are perfect now. I like them at 8 ⏱ in a pot so 6 hours in this ๐ŸŒž should be grand.
Right my dinner time. Chat soon. Tomorrow looks warmer ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ•บ. Holy ๐Ÿ’ฉ. A word of advice. Don't ๐Ÿšฒ to Haaaaaaaaaaakskeeeeeeeeen in the middle of January. It is just a dumb idea.
My toast should be ready too. I put the bread out 20 minutes ago. Hopefully the ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฆฉ๐Ÿฆข๐Ÿฆ‰ haven't eaten it.
Be good my friends. 
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment