Saturday 16 January 2021

Friday πŸ”’

It was up this morning. Not the best 😴, even though I was in a πŸ›. They are struggling for business so were very negotiable. Not like the other place I went to 🚫. I think that is how you sink or swim now. You either adapt or πŸ‘‹. Well that is my thought. 
So I was up. 🚿🧼🧽πŸͺ’. Felt great. Breakfast was... yip 🍞. ⛽ and ready for the day it was off. Quick chat to the landlord on the way out. Tells me a cyclist was killed down the road the other day 😳😲😯😳😲😯 for FS bru. Not what I needed to hear. Through the town. See a few places I recognize. It is a tiny town but it has grown on me 🀷‍♂️πŸ‘»πŸ˜‹. All the extra πŸš°πŸ’§ I am carrying feels like an ⚓. Seems someone is on my side. After yesterday's shambles I am not surprised. The tailwind is glorious. Quick check πŸ₯‰πŸ§Ώ kilometers per ⌛. It is blinding. 
I do my best to keep it πŸ†™️. The scenery again is simply gorgeous. Definitely not as hilly ⛰πŸ—»πŸ”πŸŒ‹ as the Western Cape. The Northern Cape holds its own beauty. I simply love it. Quite a few salt πŸš› trucks. Going both ways. I am in a world of my own here. I wave πŸ‘‹ to every single vehicle going either way. I want drivers to know cyclists are humans too. It must be just 1️⃣  or 2️⃣ that don't return the gesture. 
The day was unfolding like a brand new pair of 🩲. I am not sure the script could have been any better if I wrote it myself πŸ¦§πŸ’ πŸ“œ. My plan was to get to Brandvlei for the night and camp there. Well... I got there. Ate lunch... yip πŸ”πŸŸπŸ₯›. I had πŸ”¨ through 145kms. By the time I had eaten, paid the 🧾 it was only πŸ•’. I wasn't tired. I wasn't too sore πŸ¦“. So I get a  cool drink and have a quick think πŸ§ πŸ”¨⛏. Right off. Everything is still in my favor and I now have a full tank of gass.
This is where the πŸ’© hits the ☢. About 15 down the road a broken spoke. I think I know what happened❕. When I turned my 🚲 around at the restaurant I heard a ping. Well that's what I think. I ponder this while I keep going. Eventually I see a lay by. Tyres and brakes screeching I pull over. I have a spare spoke. I have the πŸ› πŸ”§⚒ but I have never done this before. 
Low and behold in about 20 ⏲ I have the entire wheel apart and am on the πŸ• ➕ 🦴 to uber. Please send one by πŸš– to collect me. 
Nah that's rubbish man! I managed to fit the new one and true it as best I could. It was better but not πŸ’― per cent. I get going. It is cooling magnificently and I know I need to find a place to ⛺. 
I find myself here. About 60kms from Brandvlei. 210 kms for the day. I feel tired but good. I pushed hard today. The voices in my head were around now and again. With no one to talk to it can become interesting. 
All in though I am happy for this day. It has been outstanding. I have some news which I will share in my next πŸ“¬. I am grateful today. Happy. Uncertain but okay with that. Grateful for all you people. My friends. My family. Thank you for being part of my journey. 
I am under a πŸŒπŸŒ‰ not quite as big as those! πŸ€ͺ🀭. I love this spot. The middle of nowhere. Windy but not too bad. I hope I sleep better tonight. Curfew peoples. That means stay at πŸ‘πŸ πŸ˜…πŸ€£. No driving around. 
Sleep tight. Be safe. Be happy. Be kind. Everyone is dealing with their own life. 
GπŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment