Friday 22 January 2021

Friday

Yesterday was up. Ready to πŸš€. Said πŸ‘‹ to the other campers. The gentleman had given me one of his prized 🍺 the day πŸ…±️4️⃣. We had chatted like old friends. I have met and continue to meet some amazing people. I enjoy this aspect of my trips enormously. 
Off it was. I knew where I needed to be. πŸ’― ➕5️⃣⭕ kilometers down the πŸ›£. It was a famous start. Turn to the ⬅️ and see a bird in the tree. It is big. It is maaaaaaaaasive. It are a vulture. As I stopped to look, it took off from the 🌴. Well the size of this thing. I figured a wing span of at least the very least 3️⃣ meters. Never in my life. I just watched this thing get going. 
Time to move. Sort of a side/tail wind. Not much in it but at least not a 🌬🦲. The going was ✅. Just keep pushing Greg. The legs were keeping to the schedule. I count a few dead πŸ¦‡πŸ‘‚πŸ¦Š in the road. About 4 in total. 2 small ones and 2 larger ones. Not in the same spot. It was an awful πŸ‘€ every time❕❗πŸ˜”.  Conditions for the most part still the same. I am going full gass. 
The πŸš›πŸššπŸš™ have all been just exceptional. Loads of space and a greeting from every driver. It was πŸ†’️. 6 ⌛ in and I am cooked 🍞. The legs feel intermittent. The body is taking strain. The πŸ‘ well πŸ€•πŸ€• eina.
I had ridden past incredible dunes. Some bare. Some covered in green. A couple of pans. One still mining πŸ§‚. Big hills of white. Pablo will know what I mean. Trucks. Many many trucks. People going up to the Kgalagadi and several returning. For a road with this much traffic it was in great condition. 
Suddenly to the left of me ☁️⛈🌩 and to the ➡️ same stuff. The 🌬 has picked up dramatically. From all angles at the same time. I was in the πŸ’© less the πŸ‘€. I had to pick it up. Mustering what I could I dropped the πŸ”¨ and all the other stuff I would not be needing. My πŸ₯… was within reach. Would I make it in ⌚? I gave it my all. 
Round the bend and there it is... my campsite for the 🌚. I get to the 🚧. πŸ›ŽπŸ›Ž hellooooo. A dry spot for the evening please. Paid and set up. I was at least there dry.
The evening was loaded with huge 🌬🌬πŸŒͺπŸŒͺ. No 🌧🌧 but I moved abode about 8 times during the night. I definitely did not wake up where I put my ⛺.
The morning was a different πŸ“œ. Having survived the night I thought I was in the clear. πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚. The 🌧🌩⛈🌬🌫☁️⛈ opened. My ⛺ NOT waterproof. 🀿 fitted my ⛺ was now a 🏝. 500 lengths was order of the day. Stuff dries. What you gonna do.
Eventually the heavens cleared and everything dry, I hightailed it for town. πŸ†™️β„ΉπŸ†–️tπŸ…Ύ️N. Safe and alive I am blessed. Gerhard has out done his previous work for keeping me alive. I am safe, sound and very comfortable. Again... I owe this man a debt of gratitude. 
Admin done. I am feet up for a few hours. 
Tomorrow sees me embark on the beningin begeening shit man... beginning of my return journey. Through Oudtshoorn. So for now that is my goal. Again as usual, no ⌚πŸ–Ό. Just ride and enjoy. I am excited for it. Will keep this going. So stay tuned.
Peace
G™️

No comments:

Post a Comment