Wednesday 13 January 2021

☠πŸ₯΅

An early start was in order. But was it πŸ€”. Not really. I awoke at πŸ•” and went back to πŸ›. Second time around was a 6.20 awakening. Felt better this time. Got up. πŸ’© 🚿 πŸͺ’  and 🧴🧼🧽. Felt like a rand.
Food was 🍞. I went all out and spoilt myself. 
Then it was off. Today was going to be hard. The weather certainly added to that. 4️⃣0️⃣🌑 in the shade. With no ⌚ and no one to complain to I left. Short up. Bit of flat. Then down to my destination... πŸ˜…πŸ˜… this is a true life story not fiction. 
Long corrugated road. All joe. Today would see little tar. An enjoyable climb lead to the jeep track that would take me to Wupperthal. Now I am an adventurous person. Try anything once πŸ€­πŸ€”πŸ˜›. I see a road that may be a short cut. A gentleman at said road tells me it is not. I say watch me. He says, see you just now. I say no way Jose A. He says name is Jose B. I say later 🐊. He says shortly crocodile. I laugh, he laughs, the dog laughs, I kick the stupid πŸ•. We both laugh. The dog buggers off.
So off I go. Guess what... He was right. About 3 or 4 kilometers down the road I have to turn around. The road just fucking disappeared. Basically it just turned into bush and a cliff. I turn around. I get back to where the man was. He is laughing. I show him the bird πŸ–• and press on. Not long after that the descent into Wupperthal. It is slow 🐒. Yip that slow. My bags are all over the shop. Brakes are breaking. It is very unpleasant. After longer than I wanted I reach the town. The shop has run out of cool drinks 😳🦧. Can you frickin adam and eve it. I swear in chinese at the owner 🎎🈯️🈲️🈳️. 
Now the climb out of here is what I was trying to avoid by my shortcut. It is long. 6️⃣kms. It is steep. Oh yes... it can be warm too 🎊πŸ₯³. I get to the job at hand. πŸ‘΅ gear. This will be the gear used to get me to the top. It is slow going once again 🐌. I just do what I can and after about 3 hours nah just kidding. After about 50 minutes I crest the pass. It feels great. I actually did better than I thought. 
From here it is a nice gentle downhill to the right turn. This road, about 11 kms down it will see me for the nights stop. 80kms today. Over 5 hours of riding. No πŸ† I am afraid. But I am pleased to be here. Enjo nature farm. Been here πŸ…±️4️⃣. Lekka spot. Warm. But I am happy and still loving this trip. Only πŸ– days in but so far been very good. I can hear the 🌬 picking up. Hopefully it will stop before bed time. It only makes it hotter. 
So, happy and loving life. It is good. I hope you are too. Be safe. Be free. But most of all think of me. 
G πŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment