Thursday 14 January 2021

Nearly Heard The Music Today πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ˜…

It was a very warm night. I had to keep a 🧽 at hand for the πŸ₯΅πŸ˜°. I felt like I was melting. When I woke there was no need for a 🚿 as my tent was like a πŸ›. No I am just kidding. I did 🚿. 
On the road. It is joe for almost the entire day. I know this already. 20kms sees me arriving at the river crossing I did about 3 months ago. Except guess what πŸ¦§πŸ€” the river, she is gone. Once across the river of no river the incline is gradual and not too bad. Considering I am only about 30kms into the day I am very pleased. At the summit a few biscuits to reward myself. Boom off.
The plateau is gorgeous. I love this place. But there really is a lot of                 . Yes a lot of nothing. I crack on. Flat, down, flat, down, take a right turn ➡️. Past the house in the middle of nowhere 🏠 and shifting nicely ✅. Then as expected I reach the ®️3️⃣5️⃣5️⃣. Can you guess 🀷‍♂️❔ Yip. Make a left turn ⬅️. The speed is nothing spectacular. It's warm. It's very warm. I am going through my πŸš°πŸ’§ h2zero at a rate. In fact I am getting worried about it. 
The 🚲 is performing spectacularly πŸ†. The rider not so much πŸ‘Ž. I can feel myself dehydrating. I am drinking as little πŸ’§ as I can. It needs to last. 
The views are impressive. The Tankwa is doing its usual and showing me why I keep returning. I am so grateful for this opportunity to ride through it again. 
The dehydration is starting to take its toll. My body is not working as it should ⚠️🦺. I check my devices. 40kms to go. 😳😲😢. I am down to one 🍼 full and a 2 liter full bottle. I reach Bloukrans pass. Unfortunately I am at the bottom of it. 😬πŸ₯΄. I get going. Well I get something. Going would have been fun. Walk, ride. Stop. Walk, ride, stop. It goes on like this for a while. Then my last fill of my bottles. Eat some bread, have a rest then start my process of moving forward. I don't know how long it takes me ⏲⏳ but it feels like an eternity. I get to the πŸ”. I cry, the bike cries, the road cries, I kick myself and we all laugh together. I think I shed a tear.... don't 😭 for me πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·. 
Tears and jokes over I still have about πŸ₯ˆ0️⃣ kilometers to go. It's sort of flat. Well at least it is not another bloody hill. I get to Calvinia. Check in at the 🏣. Special still on. I need this today. I am sore πŸ€• all over. Mainly my πŸ¦“ (that's supposed to be an ass). It was a grueling day. I underestimated the heat. I messed up badly. I could be writing to you from my ⚰. I don't say this often but all in today is a day I am really not happy about. It hurt. I hallucinated. I saw πŸ¦„. It was rough. At one stage I thought I was actually 🍞. I might still be πŸ€ͺπŸ˜….
Tomorrow is a new day. Well obviously!!!!! Stupid saying. Thanks all for reading. I appreciate it. 
It is another big day tomorrow. 145kms. But all road. Let's πŸ‘€ how it goes. 
Have a good evening. Be good. Be safe. Most importantly drink 🚰. 
Chat soon.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment