Wednesday 27 January 2021

Wednesday 27th

Yesterday was a good day. I was up at 5. I know right. WTF. Anyhoo. I get 🧦πŸ₯ΎπŸ•ΆπŸ¦ΊπŸ©³. Pack up the ⛺. Bid the 🐒🐒🐒 farewell and get moving. Should be 6️⃣0️⃣ odd to BW. Want to be early. Get a room for the night. Remember 3 days no 🚿 = πŸ‘ƒπŸ₯ΊπŸ€’. It is just more magnificent rriding.The scenery is top class. This road is definitely to be returned to one day. Then the pass. Descent. Fast. Fun. I have been needing this. About πŸ”Ÿ kms long. Half way down you  notice the fence on the right has extended upwards and is fully ⚡⚡. The Karoo national park. I see a few πŸ¦“πŸ¦Œ probably not reindeer. More our sort of buck. It is truly grand. 
Unfortunately a dead 🦎 too. Big one. About a meter long. This is to be the start of my dead animal sights❗πŸ˜₯. Then the N1. About 2kms and I am in town. 9ish oπŸ•°. ExcellentΓ¨. Breakfast at wimpy. Ooooooooo delicious. 🍳🍳πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸžπŸžπŸŸ. It goes down well. Quick 🚲 around town and I am booked in for the night. πŸ¦ΆπŸ†™️ for the day. My body is getting sore. My ass is eina. Luckily no saddle sores but the sit 🦴 are getting painful. My 🀚 too. These long days are beginning to take their toll.
After a somewhat good rest, it is a long shower this morning before I get going. It is welcomed. If they didn't have a πŸ’§πŸ’§ shortage before, they do now. Then the day gets started. A short cut to the N12. Joe road. Quiet. 1 πŸš— that's it. Nice. Then the N12. Not too bad. πŸš—πŸš˜πŸš™πŸŽ ➕πŸš›πŸšš. I push on. 
Then πŸ˜“πŸ˜­ a 🍞🐒. Shortly after another. Both been hit. This kind of thing makes me sad. I got thinking about it for hours after. I guess just an accident. Who knows.
The 🌬🦲 returns. It's not a good day. I am sore again. To add to the painful ass and hands my right under my armpit is sore too now. I didn't know you started to fall apart at this age. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. So be it. We can't control everything I guess. 
So here I am for the 🌚. In the bush. It's beautiful. A riverbed. It's fresh out ❄. The doors are closed but the roof is off. Full 🌚 tonight. Some days are a bit of a struggle. Today was one of them. But no matter how each day goes, at the end of it I am very grateful for this trip. My learnings. My peace. My time. My life. My bike. My decisions. I am grateful for all.
Sleep tight lovely people. 
Chat soon.
GπŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment