Wednesday 20 January 2021

Hakskeen

It was πŸ†™️ and off early today. On the πŸ›£ by πŸ•–ish I think. I knew today was going to be πŸ”₯. I doubled up on the 🌞 cream. It was roughly 80kms to Askham and then 70kms to Hakskeen. I wasn't sure how this day was going to pan out. I go out the gates well. Doing a respectable speed. I know I want to get to Askham for lunch and hopefully 🀞 Hakskeen by the πŸ”š of the day. All is in order. Askham in plenty of time for a quick food and a πŸšΎπŸ†˜️. Business done at both ends I light up the 🦡 again. The 🌑 is increasing all the while. It must be triple digits again. πŸ₯΅πŸ₯Ί.
I pass through the 2 little towns about πŸ”Ÿ πŸ…±️4️⃣ Hakskeen. I am excited. I never actually thought I would get here πŸ˜…πŸ€£. You can see by the surroundings there has been much 🌧🌧. The earth is lush and green. Finally over the last ⛰ and there it is. Much as last time except for it being partly covered in πŸ’§πŸŒŠ now. It really is just beautiful. I feel a slight sense of achievement. I have ridden over a ☝️✊✊✊ kilos to see this again. To be fair I also asked myself why. I actually packed out πŸ˜…πŸ€£. It is far. 
I ride the road section through the pan. It is pretty. But wow it is hot. It is significantly warmer when you stop... πŸ”¨⌚ πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. When you ride you have air passing over you which seems to work well for me. When I stop πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅ it can like to be vaaaaarum. So there I was. At the pan. Seen it now. What to do. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♂️.
So I started riding back to Askham. I have had many chuckles since turning around. So no questions please. Today was fun. I enjoyed it. Not much 🀑ing around. Just good old ride your 🚲. This is strange! My trips are not supposed to be about πŸ”¨ing down how much I can ride. They are supposed to be about πŸ‘€ the country and having fun. Granted around here not that much to do between towns. And the towns are far apart. 
So the return journey starts. Through Oudtshoorn. It will be slower and definitely much easier. I am actually quite shattered from riding here. Tomorrow is a short day to Askham. About 30 kilometers. Then back to Upington. After that slow it all down and get back to the enjoyment factor. 
Thanks to all of you. One way or another you have impacted my life. I am grateful to be doing this. I know I say it a lot but I mean it sincerely. If ever any of you need anything just shout. Or whattsapp might be easier. I will be on my bike to you. Whatever it is we will sort it. 
I am here safely in Askham. Rest of the day off. Chat tomorrow. Be safe my friends. Be awesome. Be you.
πŸ’™G

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching Hakskeen, proper ride, and achieved your target. Nice one enjoy the peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brother. It was amazing out there. Happy I achieved it. Thank you. G

    ReplyDelete