Tuesday 12 January 2021

Tuesday

Since my last post it seems I am doing a little better. Not much but enough to say things are good and the trip is going well. The downtime is the hardest. No πŸ–₯. Not always πŸ“Ά. So it can be hard times. Thoughts are plentiful and not always ones that you want. Dealing with these is not always easy. 
Last nights sleep was grand. I was pretty much just waiting for the sun to go down. Once it was I was asleep within the hour. Only waking once around 4am for a 🚽 break. Up at 5.30. I wanted to be shifting at 6. There was a fair decent climb ahead and it needed to be done before the 🌞 was too hot. I was in luck. The short downhills to the climb were outstandingly refreshing and the air was still fresh and πŸ†’️ from the night. My usual stop at Mount Cedar was abandoned to get to my destination. Success. 
The climb ⛰🚲 was slow. It was starting to warm up. I have done this climb. 4 times according to my records. Now... with every hill/climb, straight, in fact any section I ride I always try to improve on my fastest time. Today, well that is a fail. At one point I nearly fell off of my bike. I was doing what I could to get to the πŸ” as quickly as possible but the energy levels were running on πŸ†˜️. I was simply struggling like a headless πŸ”. It must have been a good laugh if anyone was πŸ‘€ me. 
So be it. It is only life. I missed my time by 1️⃣ and a half minutes. 🚼🚫⚠️ Finally reaching the summit I was just relieved the suffering was over. Down the other side. Fast. Like a kid. Awesome. Cool air. 
A small uphill sees me here at Oasis. Washed. Clothes washed. Feeling better. Happy. Tomorrow is a big day. Into Wupperthal. Out of Wupperthal. It is a massive climb. I will be doing it in the heat of the day. πŸ€”πŸ€. I expect to expire on that enormous elevation which will extend my experience to all ends of eternity. It will actually. Roughly 35 here today. Good news for tomorrow 4️⃣0️⃣. That's in the shade. In the pool 😳😳πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅. I can't wait said no man ever.
So if you don't hear from me again you know why. My expectations were just a little too high. Off to have my regular πŸ§€ ➕ πŸ… πŸ₯ͺ ➕🍟. Sort of a last meal I guess.
I hope you are all well. Keeping happy. Keeping busy. Being you.
Chat soon 
G πŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment