Sunday 10 January 2021

Closing Time

As another day comes to an end I allow myself time to write here and put down my days takings. 
It was an outrageously good sleep until πŸ•‘πŸ…°️Ⓜ️. At this exact ⌚ the rain started. I awoke and went for a quick 🚾 then back to πŸ›. My second awakening was to be around 7️⃣. The 🌧 was still going and I just lay listening to the greatness of it. It was spectacular on the ⛺ but it does still leak a wee tad so I need to watch the weather apps a bit more closely. 
It was a quarter after 9️⃣ when I found myself packing to go. The ⛺ was still wet but so be it. On the road and off. It was a short way until the ⬅️ turn to Villiersdorp. From there just 9kms to the town. A very brief πŸƒ‍♂️ in to the spar for a fancy 🍞 for breakfast. Up the small pass and then whizzing down the other side. Luck was on my side. A tailwind ➕ very cool conditions. The going was tremendous. 
About 20 or so odd kays down this road saw me pull over for a nyum nyums. Half the bread and a bottle of πŸ’§. That should keep the legs going. I have done this section of road a few times so no real surprises. Into Worcester. No need to slow down. Turn up the gass. I had no plan today. Just a destination for tomorrow night. So anywhere between where I was and there would have to do. More tailwind. Great ride. Not the best scenery but a good warm up for the days to come. Michelle's pass. Not the steepest piece of tar. Over and into Ceres. Again not much I needed so into town and turn left to Op Die Berg. Through The Hamlet. Here is where the day took a turn. It had warmed up. Considerably. The clouds had f'd off. The tailwind more of a headwind now. All my favorites at once. Yay. πŸ¦§πŸ’πŸ€₯πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅.
I start up Gydo pass. Juss!! ⛰ Did someone make it steeper πŸ€¬πŸ˜±πŸ‘». Can like to be sore legs. I had already done πŸ€”1️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ kilos for the day. Only one way to do this.. I pulled over and slapped myself. "Sit down and listen here man. Pull yourself together. Crying is for babies." After this I felt worse. I did what anyone would have done. Turned around and went and got a room in Ceres. πŸ™ƒπŸ˜… nia man. Don't be a does. I got back on the bike and carried on. It was slow going. Hard work. The headwind luckily did not let up. About an hour and fifteen minutes later I was still going. 
🀐😰😱🀬 the summit was reached shortly after. As quick as it had arrived the headwind took leave and the tailwind was keeping me company again. I was grateful. Very. πŸ™πŸ›♋ Not much to do now. 25 kms to my abode. Here I am. The bush. A place I have slept before. An absolutely gorgeous spot. Tomorrow should hopefully see me only have about a 5️⃣πŸ…Ύ️ kilo ride to another bush sleep. Then all going well Oasis on Tuesday for the night. A lekka ding shower and πŸ§¦πŸ¦ΊπŸ©²πŸ‘–πŸ‘˜ wash will be welcomed. 
It was an extremely tough day mentally. Lots of thoughts. Lots of sadness today for some reason. A few tears and some very difficult moments. I am where I need to be for tonight. There are going to be hard days. Mentally and physically. I fear the mentally ones as they work their way through me and I don't know how to control that. The bike keeps me going. I wish I had more understanding of myself. 

I wish you all good night. Tomorrow shall present itself and we can try to learn more. At least for me anyway. Sleep tight friends. 
Love
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment