Monday 1 February 2021

Still Here

I sometimes get a bit lost and start with a post and then delete it because I feel it is not right. Today I am good. It has been something of a few days. Mostly just excellent and happy. 
So Saturday it was over the pass. I felt good. Really good. It's a decent climb 🚡‍♂️. Down the other side. Whizzing like a little shit. Fun. Bike in excellent shape. Man I was so happy. Into Oudtshoorn. πŸ”πŸŸ standard by now. 🚰 lunch bar. Out of there. Wheeeeeee. Onto the Joe. ↗️➡️↘️↗️➡️↘️↘️⬇️☢➡️↗️➡️↗️➡️↗️↗️⬆️ you get my drift. 
Suddenly πŸ‘€πŸ‘. Can it be? I wipe my πŸ‘€πŸ‘. I clean my πŸ‘“πŸ•ΆπŸ₯½. Aweh. Fo shizzle. It can like to be. It are. A microbrewery. I don't mean they serve midgets or tiny little glasses of beer. It is a small independent 🍺 maker. I go in. Sup homie. Beer please. Expecting to be laughed at. Within seconds there it is. Like amber nectar, a beer. A real life fucking beer 🍺. I cry. The barman cries. The dog cries. The other patron cries. I ask "alcoholic". He says fo sho. I cry. The barman cries. The dog gets a kick and the other patron kicks the dog too. 
One foul swoop the cup is empty. I look at it. The barman looks at it. The other patron shouts fill em up landlord. I insist of a half as the ride for the day is not over.
It was delicious. Lip smackingly good. Beer done I get going. Small tip here. Don't ever try and ride after a beer comma five. But today was an exception. There were no πŸ’©πŸ’© to be given. Weirdly this is where the ride got bloody tough. Not to mention the 🌬🦲 that had arrived. I struggled. It was rough. I should have gotten take aways. Lesson learnt.
From here on it was hard going. I reached my goal. Tired. Dazed. Confused. Drunk probably. Accommodation up ⛺ I settled down and slept like Greg. Yes, I slept just like I always do. Bloody poorly 🀣. 
Up the next morning. Down Montagu pass. Which is in George by the way 🀷‍♂️ sup with that! It was outstandingly good. Cold. It was early. Even early for me. Brisk, beautiful air. I was outrageously happy.
Into town. Straight to the bed shop. Well outdoor warehouse. My blow up doll, sorry I mean mattress was at the end of its days. I needed a new one. Deal done. Off to Hoekwil. 
T B C

No comments:

Post a Comment