Tuesday 9 February 2021

Montagu

Wow yesterday was a tough 🚲. The πŸ₯‡ part was fun. Down into Calitzdorp. A superb ride. Little ⛰ but nothing to destroy the 🦡🏻. 
Spar for some goodies πŸžπŸ”πŸŸπŸŒ­πŸ₯›πŸš° lunch bar 🀦‍♂️. Having eaten some of the bounty it was full speed ahead.  A short meander to the bottom of Rooiberg Pass and this is probably where the joy left me πŸ‘‹. It was getting into the triple digits 🌑 again. Probably around 1️⃣8️⃣ teeeeeee. Well it was warm. I barely managed the climb. I have done it before but last ⌚ it was refreshingly overcast ☁️⛅. No such luck yesterday! Anyway once at the top ⛰ the views were breathtaking. Yes I was still catching my breath. The descent. Well again... yay!!! I can't really descend that fast. I have luggage. One item being a πŸ–, yes five liter bottle of 🈯️ h2ooooh! You πŸ‘€ I can never be πŸ’―% sure on whether I need it or not. Rather too much than too little she 😭. 
Past Rooiberg Lodge. Not camping there this time. Noooooo. Much better idea it has. So I continue. Van Wyksdorp. Wow. 😲. What a πŸ’©πŸ•³. I am guided πŸ‘‰πŸ» to the shop. A coke. They have no water. No one in that town has money for water. It comes from the 🚰. And I concur. So off again. I don't really have a plan yet. Was going to go to Herbertsdale. I keep pushing. To my good fortune a respectable 🌬🦲 has arrived. It just keeps getting warmer. πŸ₯³. I get to the turn off. Herbertsdale straight or Montagu ➡️. Without stopping I turned ➡️. I can't explain why. So now I am going down this road with the mountain on my left. I mean it is pretty. But why I did this I don't know 🀷‍♂️. Searching new areas this was supposed to be. 
I am doing what I can to keep moving. The 🦡🏻 are sore. My bum is burning and now 🀯πŸ₯³ my ✋🏻 has decided to be painful too πŸ•ΊπŸΌ. I feel like used parts. The ⏳ keep rolling by. I suddenly get a little nervous that I have not found a πŸ›Œ spot. I get a section of road that has a ⬅️ or a ➡️ turning with the same ending. I choose ⬅️. About 4kms down what the hell do I find πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♂️ well I'll tell you. It's a πŸ”’πŸš§. I know right. If I unpack my bike it will be dark once I have gotten over and repacked it. There is absolutely no other way around this gate. So I turn around... every now and then I fall apart. Just kidding. About a kilometer I see a fairly decent place to sleep. Bit of grass etc. 
So there is where it was to be. Except was it πŸ¦§πŸ’. Nooooooooo. I had managed to miss the thorn 🌳 that was growing right next to me. So guess what I was doing last night? Come on guess. Okay okay. I was removing thorns that had pierced the bottom of my ⛺ and injected me with 5000 neurons of pain. I think I found them all so no worries for the next person that πŸ›Œ there.
TBC...

No comments:

Post a Comment