Monday 1 February 2021

More Kak

So I am off to Hoekwil. To meet a new friend. Wayne. He has offered to put me up for the night. 🍜🍝🛌🛀 the absolute works. I mean five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. I 💩 you not. So off I go to Hoekwil. Again new area for me. Not sure what to expect. The road is called the 7️⃣ passes. It is super. Magnifique. ➡️↗️↘️↘️➡️↗️↗️➡️↘️↗️➡️↘️↗️➡️↗️↘️ not to mention I am feeling particularly strong. It is dealt with accordingly. Boom. I find the house. Wayne is on his way home. He went for an out and back ride the day prior. On his way home. He arrives in good time and the afternoon is spent talking about... bikes obviously. He too has a Lynskey. Now quickly. If you own a bike you are a cool person. If you own a Lynskey you are like me. A legend. 
The chat is good. The food delicious. The sleep brilliant. What a break from it all. It was grand. The people I have met. The fortune that has bestowed me. Truly grateful. 
Breakfast this morning. Sandwiches for the trip to boot. Man. This is good.
The weather was not on its best behavior. Overcast. Out of luck as I ride the rain seems to stop. Slightly muddy but not too bad. Today saw the 🦵🦵 absolutely struggle. I could not find pace or power. Everything was just hard work. Like a tap was just draining my energy. It felt a bit weird. I have not felt like this for absolutely ages. Anyway. My plan for today changed about 10 times. Nothing was going to be what it should. 
So I find myself here. Knysna. Second time here. It's okay. 
But is it.... 5 star place. No shit. I promise. She asked what I wanted to pay. I said 200. She said cool. Well what a human she is. We have just chatted for 2 hours. Interesting to say the least. Her boyfriend is doing the trail walk. She is Swedish. He is German. I cannot tell you how interesting she is. 
Well that's me for now. I need sleep. 
Chat soon my friends. 
G

No comments:

Post a Comment