Tuesday 16 February 2021

Catch πŸ†™️β„ΉπŸ†–️

Sleep was worthless. Got about a pennies worth. Not sure what is going on. Not to mention it was absolutely πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ§ŠπŸ§Š when I got πŸ†™️ I think an arctic wind. 
The 🚿 was long and hot. I was basically defrosting! Clean, dressed and ready for this 🌝 it was go ⌚. πŸ”™ the way I rode yesterday. It was easier today, downhill! Then ➡️ onto the tar. Luckily for Ⓜ️e my ol friend headwind was joining for the day. 🀨🀐. The first 5 or so kilometers were a gradual uphill. With.... a headwind πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ». Seems at the πŸ” things changed. Slight tailwind and much much better speeds. About 30 to go. It was nice riding. Probably a lot more moaning in my head than needed, but now I think about it, it was pretty good.
⬅️ onto the N1. About 9 to do here. 🚳⚠️⚰. Luckily I made it. I get to the garage and stop for a coke and some 🍳πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸžπŸŸ yum. While I am there 6️⃣ πŸš› massive lorries pull up and park on the N1. But why πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♂️. Hold on I am getting there. They are carrying blades. No not πŸͺ’ but wind turbine blades. And what πŸ‘€ like the base towers. Really an impressive sight. Apparently about 70 meters long 😳πŸ˜₯. Off to Sutherland to a new wind farm. I inform them no need as I have been eating copious amounts of bread and I have plenty of πŸ’¨πŸ’¨ I laugh, the driver laughs, the pedestrian walking past laughs. A rare occasion in πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦, a white, a black and a coloured laughing at the same terrible joke. I kick the dog!
We go our separate ways. I was on this road about 5 days ago, going the other way. I know what to expect. Through the bustling metropolis of Touws Rivier. 🚽 The joe arrives. I am 30kms from my destination πŸ₯³πŸ€ πŸ˜ŽπŸ•ΊπŸ½. I take it fairly easy. The wind is an ever so slight tailwind 😳🀨. I check to make sure I am going the right way 🀠✅☑✔. It is just magnificent. Beautiful surroundings. I feel grateful for my journey. πŸ™πŸ»
I come to the intersection where I came from a few days ago. 2 farmer chaps have πŸ‘€ me and pulled over for a chat. After about 10 minutes we bid our farewells and get going in our respective directions. 
No sooner than I have gotten comfortable the sign to my destination. 🦎 rock. I am so happy to be here. I spot 2 massive gemsbok just through the 🚧. As soon as they see me they head up into the veldt. I greet the owner. She signs me in and I am on my way to my campsite. Only me here. It is just beautiful. 
🚿🧼🧽🚽🧻 I am sitting enjoying a glass of water and a few biscuits. I am happy. 
My return journey is in full swing. I will be back soonish. My mind is still abuzz with life. I need sponsors. So far none of you have come up with anything πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ€ͺ.
See y'all soon. 🍻🍺🍷🍷 you are buying. My 🚲 has just been incredible. I think it wants a faster rider 😞😭. Hard to believe what has happened so far since I left. Closing in on 4000 kilometers. There will definitely be a story to be told at the end of this trip. It has been an experience I have loved. Lonely at times. Very lonely but this is life. I would not change a single thing. 
Thanks for reading. It's not over yet. 
πŸ’™
πŸ—œ™️

No comments:

Post a Comment