Tuesday 16 February 2021

Catch ๐Ÿ†™️ ๐Ÿ†—️

It was a ©️®️๐Ÿ…ฐ️๐Ÿ…ฟ️ sleep. I had put my ⛺ very poorly on a rock. Basically no matter what I did I was rolling into the side of the abode. I learnt my lesson. ๐ŸŒrise the next morning was just ๐Ÿ†. You could ๐Ÿ‘€ pools of ๐Ÿ’ง from the previous days ⛈๐ŸŒง it really was beautiful. No ⌚ to sit and watch. It was off. Not a hard stretch. Well it shouldn't have been. I get to the Cederberg roadg ➡️. I know this joe well. Nothing to speak of. It's fast and furious. I get to the last hill. Done this 1️⃣ a few times. New record today ๐Ÿคท‍♂️. I get cracking. Good stuff. After about ⏸⏺ minutes I find myself ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♂️ pushing the ๐Ÿšฒ. Absolutely blown up. There is ⭕% of energy left. It is survival mode. If takes me close on double what it should have. I just had nothing to give.
At oasis! Food. ๐Ÿฅช๐Ÿฅช๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ ➕๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ. I drink lots of ๐ŸงŠ๐Ÿ’ง for the rest of the ๐ŸŒž. Sleep was sufficient and ready for ๐ŸŒžday.
I want to get going ๐Ÿšต๐Ÿป‍♂️ early, so I am packed and settling the ๐Ÿงพ sharpish. No plan ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…. I am going to take the long way round ๐Ÿ”™ 2️⃣ op die berg. Short way 60kms. Long way 160kms ๐Ÿฆง๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ. To the same place? ✅☑✔๐Ÿง๐Ÿ™ˆ. And off. Love the start. 30kms to uitkykpas. The descent is magnificently fast. Brakes smoking. Tyres screeching, some ๐Ÿˆ on a ๐Ÿ comes flying past ⚰⚱ the music is playing china ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต. 
I get to the bottom safely. No sign of street hawk. He must be home already!! Short flattish. Small very rideable climb. Another fast long descent. I am McDonald'sing this day. Another fun section into Citrusdal. 
๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ž that town ๐Ÿ‘€ and ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿป like a rubbish dump now. I am sorely disappointed. At the cafe for a supply or two. From here it is a 1000 meter climb to the top of the next pass. Not that steep. Well it has short sections, but what has ๐ŸŽฃ my ๐Ÿ‘ is the ☁️๐ŸŒง☁️๐ŸŒง moving in. I get cracking. Probably 30 minutes in I look to see what is what. The rain, not purple has arrived in the town. I push harder. Luckily it seems to be trying to wash the town clean ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ. I keep an ๐Ÿ‘ on it while I move. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป.
Somehow I make the ๐Ÿ” without getting more than a few ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง on me. Great success ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ. The descent on the other side is almost my last ride. I notice a ๐Ÿš˜ coming behind me. I move to the ➡️ so we should both be safe. As this happens another ๐Ÿš˜ coming up the ⛰ comes round the corner. Well. How on ๐ŸŒ this guy did not hit me is an absolute wonder. Entirely my fault. Understood. I thought I was doing the right thing. No ๐Ÿš™๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš for hours then one from both directions at the same ⌚. Que the music ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ⚰⚱. No one stopped. I was sort of in the bush. It took a few minutes to compose myself.  ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ.
Back on it. I keep going. It is getting late. I look around for places to ๐Ÿ›Œ. Stopping here and there to see if it is safe. No luck. I end up at my spot on the other side of op die berg. The ๐ŸŒ has gone and I setup in the dark. Bedtime!!
๐Ÿ—œ™️

No comments:

Post a Comment