Thursday 19 April 2018

The ride?

Luckily the ride is a better post than my previous one. I hope it does something to lighten your day....
The day started on a somber note. I was a little peeved that i had not ridden the previous day. It had rained over the evening so my water bed was back. I was not amused or impressed. But the day needes to start so i got cleaning and tidying. It didn't take long before the rickshaw (my bike) was packed and ready to roll. I smelt like a new person and i was happy to be fleeing my current abode. It was still very misty and slightly dark so i was very wary.
Onto the main road and klapping it like a professional i was going at least 20kms an hour. I figure my stuff must weigh at least 15kgs and me about 90. I know right. It was a good Christmas so be quiet.
After about 30 minutes everything cleared up perfectly as soon as i cleaned my glasses. I think i forgot to do it the night before and wasn't sure now if the fog was real or not. I haven't had any alcohol either so that rules that one out.
Anyways the day was perfect now and i was following the beach to a place i had never been. My goal was Lambert's Bay. I would see how the day would pan out. As to this reality.
Riding along the beach front is pretty much the same the whole way. Water, sand, sky, road and crappy vegetation on the other side. It went like this for about an hour and a half so i got out my book and read a few pages.
Unexpectedly and to my surprise i saw a right turn up the road. I downed my book and took full control of the steering wheel. I hadn't done one of these today. Not only was it a right turn but also an incline. I questioned myself why someone would make my life so difficult. I took the task very seriously and managed to get through it without any altercations. I was pleased at my success. Nearing the summit of said incline a bunch or rather gathering of motorbikes came past. Some friendly with a toot and some revving their motors like evil knievel. Well done i shouted as more and more of them passed. I was a tad out of breath so i let the rest of them be.
Down the other side it was back to childhood memories. Picturing i had 5 playing cards attached to my bike wheels making that rrrrrrrrrrr sound. It was fun.
I had previously decided to change my address for tonight to Eland's Bay. It was better placed for my ride tomorrow and i had clocked up 70kms. Not forgetting my tent was still wet and most of my clothing too.
I am situated next to the hotel on one of their camping spots. It is an absolute sight watching the ocean here. I will be up early tomorrow to get to Porterville. About 120kms.
Sleep tight all and don't forget a small prayer for Mana.
😗

No comments:

Post a Comment