Monday 23 April 2018

Monday Bloody Monday

Thanks for coming back. I wasn't sure if I would. Let's start with where we left off.
Early Saturday i pulled myself towards myself. The bike was ready but i wasn't in as good a shape. I needed fuel. So into town i moved. Basically down a hill. Spar was open so i filled up on supplies first then scouted for breakfast.
A cute little shop was open on the main road. I paid the parking and went in. The place was abuzz. Insects everywhere. It was still early and cold. I took up a seat and was eating quickly. Omelet it was. Cheese with cheese. My favourite. My cherry tart was telling me NO NO NO but who cares. You only live once.
The reason i was up before satan was because i had heard the climb into Beaverlac was tough. I was ready to go. The reactors were fired up and ready to go. I got to the base of it. A little disappointed. I could see the top and it wasn't that far. Less than an hour later i was looking at my achievement. I was at the top. It was spectacular. Our country is absolutely stunning. The scenery is just second to none. We are graced people make no mistake about it.
I get to Beaverlac. Perfect. Go there if you can. It's not far. Do the walks. Do the fishing. Do the holiday. Enjoy yourself and take in the beauty we have.
Yesterday i got up rushing like a tortoise. As far as i could see i was in the golden seat. 70kms to ride with no issues. I get to the gate and the gentleman puffing on his cancer stick gives me a major shortcut. He says i should be fine as long as the owner of the farm i am about to ride across is still asleep.  🤤😲😱😴😪. Ok i figure.
That 12kms was out of this world. Over a river. Scenery like you see in award winning books. Just phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment