Monday 23 April 2018

Sunday's

The Spar is closed. So is the other small takeaway shop. It's only 4.30pm. What the hell do i do now? Call 555hungry?
There is no answer. Ride through to Ceres???? It's 50kms away. Not going to happen. I see a couple of locals and ask where to get a drink. They point to the township. I find the shop they are taking about. They don't sell water so 2 liters of cream soda it will be followed by a packet of lays. Mmmmm yummy.
I pack my purchase and head off.  As much as this was my destination i actually had no idea where to camp. I rode down the road. Looking searching for anything. A small road appears. It doesn't look used. I ride for exactly 375 meters. Flat earth. No issues.
It is getting a little dark. Nervous as hell i pitch my tent and get to it. Not the best but it will have to do.
I stay up for ages thinking what each and every sound could be. It is horrid. I find myself falling in and out of sleep.
The morning arrives and i am not sure if i have even slept or not. These are the tough days. I do not deal with them well. Apart from the fact i hardly slept it was minus eleventy thousand and million degrees. Absolutely freezing. Do not try to tour in winter. It was very very cold.
But today sees me a little better. I have booked into an amazing place. I camped here on my first tour. The same place where the dam was empty.
So i am in my room. Very very affordable and amazing place.
I am off to the Tankwa tomorrow for Africa Burn. So again i leave you. I apologize for my poor attendance. It shall improve.
I bid you all good night and good fortune. I have come to realize that although we need money, fortune is worth so much more. If i could this would be my job. It costs little and bears so much reward.
I love you all and wish you your own fortune. Sleep tight 😘
G.



No comments:

Post a Comment