Wednesday 18 April 2018

Didn't move

So as it goes on a bicycle you don't have a roof, windows or windscreen to protect yourself from mother nature . It rained all last night and still going now. My tent found a leak for a few hours to boot.
I don't have a bucket so what to do. ☠
It was not serious but a little annoying. I guess that's camping and why most people do not do it. You are totally subjected to the elements. My tent is also rather small so one has to exit it just to change their mind.
Oh well it is what it is.
I got up to breakfast and ate, trying to decide what to do. This is not the Epic so if i don't ride today i will not be disqualified. In fact i will be fresher for the next day. With my mind made up i went back to swimming in my tent.
A little reprieve happened just after 11am. I was showered and dressed for the day so i decided on a ride to the town. It's only a few minutes away. So if the rain returned while i was out it shouldn't be too bad.
I left the campsite and went on my way. No one else there so not even a good bye to say to a friendly neighbor.
These trips can have their moments when you feel absolutely alone and vulnerable. It is daunting to say the least. Luckily for me i have 2 imaginary friends. One in my head and the other on my bike with me. It is very seldom lonely with these characters.
Town is very quiet and i wonder how this place exists. The biggest building is only double story and the busiest car park is the Spar. It is a small wonder where all these people work. My ride is completed by 12 after i have done almost 2 complete laps of the place. I decide it is mostly a fishing village due to the amount of big fishing rigs in the harbour.
I find myself back in my tent after lunch listening to the rain on the roof. It is a pleasant accumulation of drops and brief wind bursts. It reminds me of the rain storms back in my home land Zimbabwe.
This tent was sold to me as a two man tent. I look forward to the day when i meet the designer and watching him/her, and a friend try to live in it for a few days. That certainly would be entertaining. We could get a few gopros and video them like the big brother houses. Everyone who has bought one could throw an obstacle their way. Mine would be to watch them write a post on a blog and tell all their friends how much they are enjoying themselves.
Anyways i have taken enough of your precious time for the day. Tomorrow should see an improvement in the weather so off to Lambert's bay i am heading. Roughly another 100kms so a good ride it will be. I am all packed and repacked and checked as i had a few spare moments today.
Be good my comrades and if you aren't make a donation to WGAF.
Peace out ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment