Monday 16 April 2018

Done

So day ones riding is concluded. About 20kms in near Sunninghill my rear tyre deflated. I tried pumping it but the problem was more severe than imagined. It just wouldn't inflate. There goes my trip i am thinking. I know a bike shop not far so i start walking. After 30 minutes i get to what i thought was the shopping center where the shop is. Well guess again dumbass. Wrong place. So at this brand new shopping mall i start to fix the issue to get to the correct place. My shit is everywhere. Bags, tools, water, clothes and a whole bunch more. I get to the task. After a few minutes i look up and see a few chaps starring at me. Oh my god i am going to be robbed. I put my hands up and say take what you want. They look at me then look at each other. Listen here the biggest guy says. You cannot put your tent up here and sleep here. 🤤 WTF is this guy on about. He was head of security as i managed to station myself pretty close to a bank branch. I think they thought i wanted to do a land grab there. We briefly exchanged words and satisfied that i was not an illegal land occupier they watched me fix the problem. I think they were impressed with the speed at which i worked. No one making tea, no one sitting by watching for the boss just me doing what needs to be done as quickly as possible.
I leave not long after and get to the shop. I see a guy who works there who i know. We chat and my bike is taken to surgery. About an hour later it is returned. They said they tried to do it with my tubeless conversion but that was not working. So they redid it all and working well. I thanked them, paid my dues and scurried off. Irritated my workmanship was less than rubbish and a little annnoyed too i decided it was school fees and next time not to skimp on the parts.
The ride from here on was excellent. Quite a bit of traffic on the West Coast road so not ideal but as usual the scenery was above par.
I even managed to see a small antelope just past Koeberg station. Small and brown and an absolute first class runner. He watched me for a bit then obviously realized he was late for his tea as he bolted quicker than Usain.
With everything back up to top speed i made it to the first nights camp. About 80kms covered today with an hour in the shop.
If anyone is looking try Cycles Direct they are a great bunch there.
I am fortunate enough to be just by the sea. I am listening to the waves while i wright this. I am not a big fan of the sea side but it is enjoyable here. A few more days up the coast before i head inland.
Thanks for reading today and i hope you all had a good Monday. Love and prosperity to you all.
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment