Wednesday 2 December 2020

Wednesday πŸ₯ˆ

Yesterday was a bit of a write off. I wanted to explore Matroosberg but the weather was going to make sure I did as little as possible. It was πŸ₯Ά and 🌬πŸŒͺ. My effort was a meager 20km loop of the easy riding stuff. Next time I will attempt the πŸ”.
Today was a much better day. When I woke up there was 🌞 and also 🌑 you like!! I like indeed Borat. Wa wa we wa. Somehow life is just that much easier when the weather is 🏜. 🚿🧼🧽πŸͺ’πŸš½πŸ§» the usual. I was feeling good. Bike packed and ready to roll. 🍬 Down the joe, past through the gate and onto the tar. Not much to speak of. Well not until now!!
🀬🀬🌬🦲 headwind. For some reason I knew this was going to be how my day would continue. There was about 20kms of this road and then onto the road that would take me to the N1️⃣. When the right turn came up I thought the headwind may be slightly weaker πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ€£↗️❌. It was worse πŸ˜‘πŸ˜«. It was now full frontal. This road was about 30kms long. A good road. Nice shoulder and tarred. Actually a good road if you were going the other way 😏🀣. No use complaining Squires. I get on with the job at 🀚. It takes its toll but I reach the N1️⃣. Now the law says and I agree with it DO NOT RIDE ON THE NATIONAL ROADS. Unfortunately I have chosen to do so. It's only 9kms but man were they scary. Believe me. I scoured the interπŸ•Έ for an alternative route. No such luck.
I ✔ and get to Touws Rivier. I hope and πŸ› that I plan better routes from now on! πŸŽƒπŸ¦§πŸ€¦‍♂️. First stop is... Spar (good for you) indeed this one is. It has all I require. Bit of 🍞, 🍌🍌, 🚰, 🍫, πŸͺ and a πŸ” which is devoured outside the 🏬. Feeling much better and stronger I take a few minutes checking my comms with the outside 🌍. No πŸ—ž. So presumably good news. πŸ†’️
From here my directions should take me 🧭 east. A place I spotted somewhere on the 🌍wideπŸ•Έ. That's WWW for the youth of today! It is called 🦎 rock private nature reserve. It had πŸ†’️ reviews so I wanted to test it out. Now I hadn't booked or anything. So I was just going to pitch up and 🀞 4 the best. I get to the gate 😳πŸ˜₯πŸ₯΄πŸ€¬ gate can like to be πŸ”’. Oh πŸ’©. It is a combination πŸ”’ so I say to myself I will give it 20 seconds and if I can πŸ”“ it I will go in. My second issue is is that there are ⚠️⛔🚫 everywhere saying do not enter unless prior arrangements have been made. 😬😬. Well the lock didn't take long and πŸ”“. I decide to enter and take my chances. 
5kms to reception. I go 🐒, no not disguised as a tortoise, I go slowly num πŸ₯œπŸ₯œ. Anyway πŸ†™️ over and then down. I see buildings. 😷🧐πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜±πŸ˜₯ I put my best sad face on. The lady comes out and looks at me. Rattles off a few names. No I say. My name is, my name is Slim Shady πŸ˜…πŸ€£. She laughs, I laugh, we laugh the dog laughs. Not this again 🀷‍♂️🀦‍♂️.
I explain how I got in. She looks confused. I can πŸ‘€ she doesn't believe me. I don't really care. One for one night camping please I ask. Sure she says, still trying to work out how I got in. I pay and am given directions on how to get to my land for the evening. 
Well this spot is magnificent. Beautiful. No ⚡ no πŸ“Ά no signal, nada. I love it. The views are endless. Proper peace and 🀫. The wind is still howling but apart from that it's been a good day. I am alive and my camp is setup. Lots of 🐍🐍 warning signs around. So I need to be careful. I shall 🦲 up to reception later to send this off. Check to see what's πŸ†™️ and then return to my camp.
Chat soon. It is starting to get very lonely out here. I am enjoying it but I need to have a drink and a good chin wag with my friends. There is lots of ⌚ to do another trip. The whole of my life. So I shall probably be on my way home soonish.
Be good. Be safe. Be happy. Don't worry now. Just beeeeeeee happy now.
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment