Sunday 13 December 2020

Last Night

And so it comes. The end of another journey. It has been spectacular. Some amazing, truly fulfilling days. Some sad ones. Seen some fantastic beauty and also the cruel and harsh ways of existence. 
My goal was achieved. I almost cannot believe it myself that I made it to Vioolsdrif and now I am one night away from being back in Cape Town. The kindness shown by a few has given me a 🕯 of hope that we live in a mostly humane world. Unfortunately this is not the 💼 💯% of the ⌚ as was shown today. I saw a baby 🐢 that had been run over in the road. It made me cry. While I understand death is our destiny, I do not like to see it with animals. On the 🆙️ side, today I was fortunate to see several birds of prey. Gorgeous specimens and even heard 2️⃣ 🦅 
Something I learnt today is that there is a maximum security prison between Villiersdorp and Greyton. It is built on a small hill and probably has better views than most of the multi million rand houses in Constantia. It definitely was a sight.
My views on the state of this country are not good. I fear it is doing an African. Well it is Africa so no surprises there. Good old 🇺🇲 has 👨‍🦰 and we have a different parasite. My night with the folk who fed me and gave me whiskey 🤔🙌 gave me many thoughts. The man wanted his kids to leave 🇿🇦. And go where I asked at the time. He said anywhere but Africa. Well I understand that but being African I must say this is a legendary place and I really do hope I am not forced to leave. But let's see.
There is a lot to see. A lot to do. A trip in January is probably on the 🃏🀄 if I don't find a job. I do know that I also have to 👀 for one, so I will at the very least give it a good shot. Unless y'all want to sponsor me 🤔🙃🤑🤑😘. Well we can all dream. 
The riding has been just grand. I think about 2500kms in 43 or 44 days. So not really taxing at all. On the next one I will thin out my luggage even more. Less is more... no one ever cried! 😶
I still need to work out a better diet system. Bread and water for this period of time is not legit. I feel I am 💩💩 out pure 🍞 at times. It needs to be       a👗d. And so it shall. I haven't perished so that is a good thing I guess 🤷‍♂️🤓. This covid story has really taken this 🌍 apart. No offense person, but I hope the rodney sole that ate that 🦇 is 🍞. Who knows what the future brings for any of us 🔮. 
Today was short and 🍬. 70 odd kilometers. Back at my personal little campsite near Theewaterskloof dam. It's warm today. A gorgeous setting for my last night. Sometimes it does all just work out how it should. 
I don't know if you have all stopped reading this or not 🤷‍♂️🤔. I will update now and again. 
I hope you are well. Healthy. Happy. Horny 👀😶 what was that 🤦‍♂️. 
Anyway respect to you all. Happiness in abundance. Peace and prosperity. 
Chat soon.
G. ™️

No comments:

Post a Comment