Thursday 3 May 2018

It's Who?!

I was informed long before i went to this event that it is impossible to find anyone. Well my dears here is the trick. Do not by any circumstances go looking for them. There is a good chance they are following you at the same speed just a few hundred meters behind. The trick is to stay stationary. I mean don't move. The reason for my statue like appearance was not because of any other reason than that alone. I was smarter and knew these rules. I am what you would call a cut above my fellow burners. I had studied human movement the previous night and my instincts had told me that being stationary for 2 or 3 hours in the same spot would see me greeting all my comrades and allies.
However my next greeting would take me by surprise. I was there still in the same kit i had arrived in the day before when i had to rub my eyes just to make sure i wasn't hallucinating. Was it? Could it be? Not here not today!! Or was it? Was i being fooled by my own self? Or was i already asleep and dreaming of this event? But how it seems real. I ask my friend to double check my vision. He agrees it is what i am seeing. I am now overcome with my happiness. I feel a warmth surround me. It is  good felling.
It is.... my brother giving me a big hug. I can almost not believe it. But it is.
We greet we hug we shake hands and we talk. He came here with one of his best and oldest friends from many borders away. It was emotional and tearful. His wife stood by and watched the greeting like it was meant to be. They had gone all out and really looked the part. I was still in my cycling kit. It was a reunion that would behold the greatest of kings. 2 souls chatting about their experiences. It was similar i guess to the exchanges royals had when they returned from galliant battles at sea. Quick but precise exchanges of the events that had unfolded. News of past and current affairs. He informed me of his gangs hideout and i did the same. Unfortunately our paths would not cross again on this battlefield as the next few days played themselves out. But for that moment it was a feeling of great joy and achievement that we had met. I now knew what winning the lotto was like. A feeling so good that you had been in the right place at the right time and everything had led up to this meeting of brothers. We had had no plan or even knew either would be here. It was just simply written in the stars.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your book one day you are a natural!!!

    ReplyDelete