Thursday 3 May 2018

Burning

Large is somewhat of a dimwitted statement. You can go large anywhere. At AB you simply go "awol". I was about to try it. I got my best frock on and my dancing shoes. Then i changed back to my cycling gear. You see at this place normal is not normal. Out of the ordinary is normal. People wear and dress to their hearts fantasy. I mean over the top. I mean extreme. It's simply lego land for adults. With my attire ready and several largers down i attempted the impossible. Going out there for the first time alone. No one does this. Normally you would gather a few mates and prepare for the ordeal. I was in no mans land about to risk life and limb for my country. Sacrifice myself for the good of the nation. I think you get it. Was i scared hell yes but i was ready. My will was written and my next of kin informed of my solo mission.
The next day i awake. Body sore but intact. Nothing missing except my memory. I get up and greet my fellow campers. They inform me we had indeed a spectacular evening. Fun was had. Drinks were drunk and drunk i was. It was agreed we should do much the same today. It was earlyish when we cautioned our cooler boxes they would be attacked again. We were ready and so were they.
On my second day the rest of my 2 gangs were arriving so i was now the leader of this ship. It was a daunting thought. I stood tall and showed the crowd who was boss. This was a bad idea as my head started to spin and i got dizzy. My closest neighbors nearly wet themselves laughing. They could see i was one of them now. It was a proud moment.
During this show of incredible stupidity a car arrived. Not any car. My mate. Not any mate my best mate. We had planned this. So far so good. He was beside himself at my condition. He knew i was now the leader. It was just how it is. We left to my second camp and low and behold they had arrived too. Camp was setup and they had even dragged a gas freezer to the middle of the desert to make sure we were refreshed accordingly. I was impressed with their efforts to keep us alive. It was going to be another spectacular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment