Sunday 14 March 2021

Been A While

My time in Cape Town was good. Spent with good people and friends with whom I cannot live without. Thank you very much to the Small's and Claire. You are more than friends and I am lucky to have you in my life. Lots of rides with Tom. I hope your bike is working soon.
I decided a short time ago that another tour would happen. Nieu-bethesda would be my destination this time. A small, quaint little town. I have been there previously which made my decision to want to go there again an easy one. Job searching did not go well and I wanted to get cycling again. 
This will be an amazing journey. 
I left CT around 8am. The traffic was quiet and the air was cool. Rain was predicted but it seems I was lucky enough to get here before I got drenched. It was a superb ride today. Easy going. The nerves as usual were all there along with the anxiety I have on the first few days. One would think I am used to it by now but not the case.
I have reached my destination for the night. My brother has kindly let me have a night at his farm. The Farmstead Franschoek. If you need accommodation near Franschoek this is the spot. It is first class. 
I hope everyone who has been part of my journey and has helped me along the way knows how grateful I am. It is all of us traveling together. I always feel as though I have forgotten to thank someone for their effort. So if you are reading this please know I am grateful even if we have just crossed paths. 
I don't know how much energy I will be putting into my blog. I am on Instagram now and trying to get a following for my cycling. Let's see how it all goes.
Anyway day one done. Happy. Tired. Anxious. Grateful. Blessed. 
Chat soon friends. 
GšŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment